Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Blogosphere: Freedom of Speech vs. Racism and anti-Semitism

I've always had a few weirdos posting here. I got rid of most of them when I limited posting to registered users, after a Muslim guy with Infidelophobia had been pestering me for some time. I still have a couple of readers who like to post openly racist and anti-Jewish material. I don't like it, and I'm not sure how to react to it. I've deleted a few comments, but let most of them pass so far. I think there is too much censorship in general in the West these days, and I am perfectly aware of the fact that many people think my blog is rather controversial, too. I don't like Islam, and never made any secret of that. I can't see what that has to do with race. Islam is a Fascist, anti-democratic and violent ideology that transcends race and nationality. I get better along with Hindus and Sikhs than I do with white Muslims such as Kosovo Albanians. From a principal point of view, I don't think it should be illegal to state that some races are superior to others. However, that doesn't mean that I have to allow it here. It is very difficult to have a genuine debate about immigration, and it becomes almost impossible to be taken seriously if visitors keep reading openly racist and anti-Jewish comments on the blog. People who are obsessed with conspiracy theories involving Jews can burn crosses or something and stop taking it out on Fjordman's blog.

Just a friendly reminder.

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gaylikefox: No, I won't censor that.

 
At July 21, 2005 7:14 PM, Blogger Don Miguel said...

"A free debate must mean a debate limited to views approved by you."

It is his blog.

"Of course many Europeans do not understand the concept of freedom of speech and accept having criminal laws applied to the expression of ideas and to historical research."

This is a private weblog, not a government agency -- freedom of speech does not apply. And don't confuse "understand" with "allow." I'm sure there are Europeans that understand freedom of speech but don't want to allow it (i.e. hate-speech laws).

 
At July 21, 2005 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Robert: As I stated in my post, just because I don't think certain statements should be illegal doesn't mean I have to allow them here. I want to be lenient when it comes to freedom of speech, but I am under no obligation to accept everything on my own blog. Don't like it? Make your own. It takes one minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home